Saturday, February 26, 2011

Advice in Women's Magazines

I read a lot of women's magazines. Don't worry, I don't spend money on them. I merely find them at the gym and read them while I work out. It's interesting, to say the least and everything should always be taken with a grain of salt.

So, I'm on the stationary bike, reading all about men in Cosmo. These articles love to dissect men and their behavior and this particular one was about why he is mean to you when his friends are around.

That's just how him and his guy friends mess around, the article informs me. He just wants you to feel included and like one of the guys. Don't get mad, let him have his fun! He is trying to be nice. So, yes ladies, if one or more of his friends are around, it gives him free reign to call you a worthless slut, fat ass, etc. He is just being nice! It isn't verbal abuse, stupid bitch!

Really, it's not okay for anyone to be mean to anyone else ever. Sure, there is such a thing as good natured ribbing (I'm not a humorless bitch), but if both people aren't having fun, it can no longer fall into that category. It's kind of offensive for a woman's magazine to give me the advice of "be a doormat", cause I guarantee you GQ is not telling men the same thing.

T's Advice - If someone is a dick to you, be a bitch to them. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reserve many rights, one of which is to make a comment to an old-as-busted-tires blog entry.

    That being said:

    Men call their bitches bitches when around their homies to affirm that they have denim jeans on (while their bitches have a dress/skirt on), and they've got two squishy pain-tumors between their thighs. Otherwise, their friends would be all-too-sure that THEY were the ones wearing a dress/skirt, and rocking a tunnel instead of a shaft.

    They'd still be hairy, though.

    ReplyDelete