Friday, September 9, 2011

Admitting to Things (I don't give a fuck about the sale at Anthropology)

The girls I work with are.......interesting. They aren't bad and I kind of like them. But we are incredibly different and their personalities aren't versatile enough that they can get down with me. I try to get on their level from time to time. Mostly, I just like to say things that shock them. Yesterday jaws dropped when, during a conversation about an Anthropology sale and fall clothes, I said "I don't like to shop." There was a loud explosion from the collective blowing of minds.

While I was getting ready this morning, I was surveying my shoes and noted that most of mine are jacked up a bit. I loath the idea of shopping for new ones though. For some people, it is fun to shop and have a lot of stuff and be fashionable. I've tried that. I really have. But I am pushing 30 at this point and I am no longer thinking things will get much different. I hate malls. They are too hot and too full of stupid 14 year olds. I'm cheap as fuck. I would rather shop for a puzzle or stupid Tshirt at a thrift store than drop anything more that $30 on pair of shoes at anywhere besides Target or Kohls.

And I can admit that to myself. And I can admit to you that I do not give a fuck about the Anthropology sale either. Shit is over priced.

No comments:

Post a Comment