Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful

I like all this Facebook stuff about being thankful. I wanna get in on it, blog style. The last five weeks have been rough but rewarding. So I am thankful for the following:

-My friend Susie, the first person I hit up when Blake told me he had a date. Sobbing and on Gchat, she was there for me and made me laugh. And as I was feeling down the following weekend I got a note from Sue with a list of all the reasons Blake sucks. She printed it twice, on red and yellow paper, with a nice border. She has continued to hear me out on my BS.

-My sisters, who have and always will listen to all my stuff. Who remind me all the time that I am worthwhile.

-My friend Kiya who came over my first Friday night alone and talked shit with me.

-My buddy Laura, who came over the day of Blake's date even though she works and goes to school full time and is super busy. She has continued to be positive and a great influence. And will watch my cats over the holiday! A job usually reserved for Blake.

-Michelle my bell, who is super supportive and a super shiny and happy influence. She met with me this evening to let me pick her brain about house buying so that I can continue to pursue my dreams. And was super excited about the possibility of looking at houses with me!

-Matthew, aka MJ, who listened to me yell on the phone about Blake's shitty decision to join match.com too. He helped me with a project a needed a man/drill for (well, Scott did it after we failed). He cracks me up daily and buys me forties sometimes.

-My B, the best mother in the entire world. She has heard me out on everything. She always answers my calls, even if I am interrupting a movie for her. Whether I am in a good mood or crying or being crazy, she will support me. I decoupaged a card she gave me onto my bookshelf. On it she wrote - "I am forever in you corner." So true.

It is always when life gets a little rough that you realize how much you have and how important it is to maintain it and appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. I am THANKFUL for T!!!

    Your list is pretty full of amazing people...you are a well deserving lady of many great things and people around you!

    ReplyDelete