Tuesday, July 5, 2011

If you wanna meet men in Indy........

So, I, awesomely, won free tickets to see Florence and the Machine at White River last night. Being the people we are, my friend and I decided to take the bus downtown to avoid the headache of parking on such a busy day. So, we left from her house and walked to 38th and Winthrop to wait for the 39 to carry us to our destination.

As we were standing there, sipping on our mixed drinks (cleverly hidden in pop bottles), I saw a car pull up and park behind us, by the fair grounds. I keep running my mouth when this dude walks up. He introduces himself as Larry and asks what we are doing because, and I quote, he was "trying to kick it" with us. He asked about boyfriends, which we both claimed to have (he believed me and not Katie-I'm a good liar). Larry informed us that they needed to be driving us around so that we didn't have to take the bus.  This dude had neck tattoos and a tatt on his face that looked like it was supposed to be a tear drop........until someone stumbled into his face with the tattoo gun. His choice to try and make friends by pulling over on the side of 38th street making him even more questionable.

As he drove away, telling us to have a good night and to get drunk, Katie said "I guess we can't really say we never meet men in Indianapolis." Indeed, madam. Indeed.

My next boyfriend comes from the bus stop.

1 comment: