Friday, June 24, 2011

Lowering Your Standards

I was lamenting to a friend the lack of good men to date when he suggested I date one of his friends. I replied that I had no interest in dating a dude that used to mow lawns and now works at the Verizon store and didn't have a degree. My friend went on this big, long spiel about how women were more educated than men nowadays and that I should realize how it is less likely statistically that I would find a dude with a college education. He suggested I look into dating dudes who did not have a degree.

I won't even talk to mother fuckers with Associates degrees.

I'm not hatin. I've tried it before. I've dated a dude who worked at a gas station and a dude who was a plumber. Those relationships were disastrous because even when men lacking one say they aren't-they are threatened by your college degree. I made more money than both of them. I paid for dates. That is emasculating, I imagine. So, already there is this tension.

And I got really bored with these dudes.

Plus, I want to be stable when I grow up. I don't need to be rich. I just want to be able to go on vacation sometimes. I want a pool, doesn't even have to be in ground. A mother fucker working at the Verizon store is not going to help me pay for that.

I don't think that is too much to ask for. Fuck a lowered standard (Until I am 35).

No comments:

Post a Comment