Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dying for Muffin Tops

So, I just overheard this statement at work- "Oh my god, one of my friends, she like, is getting muffin tops. And I thought, oh my god, if I get those, I'll die."
With that attitude, I would've been dead by high school. What is wrong with bitches these days? That is how you talk about your friend? By discussing the fact her muffin tops would make you want to die? WTF ladies, WTF. This is why I find it absolutely impossible to eat lunch with these women, because nothing is important beyond shit like that.
I am not knocking anyone's desire to be healthy. I am pretty excited that I have been able to get a work out in every day so far this week (ok, it is only Wednesday, but I am going today and got yesterday and Monday in). But health wasn't really how this was all framed, it was more looks.
I wish I would've saved it, but I found this picture of a number of women of different sizes and they were all Olympic athletes. It was meant to challenge the notion that to be healthy one has to be super skinny.
OH MY GOD I HAVE MUFFIN TOPS. But that doesn't make me want to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment