Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Shower beer Vs. Shower mixed drink

If you have not experienced it words cannot describe the Zen that comes with a beer in the shower. Perhaps you want to start your pregaming a little early or maybe you just had a long day. But there is something about taking a relaxing shower while sipping on a beer that soothes the soul.
The best shower beer I ever had was in San Francisco, at my friend Susie's. I set my beer upon the ledge of a small window. The window was opened to the sunshine and blue skies outside (it was high up, no one could see the lady parts). I was on vacation. It was so peaceful. Shower beer.
So, this weekend I decided, why not shower mixed drink? I've been trying to curtail the beer intake and watch my girlish figure. This involves massive amounts of vodka tonic. And so, I embarked on my journey to shower mixed drink.
As I raise the glass to take my first sip, to my horror I saw ripples! The small opening at the tops of a bottle or can of beer allow for very little water to defile the beer inside. But this massive Pizza Express cup offered no protection for the drink inside. Fuuuucccckkkk.
Ok, ok. I had to only watch what I was doing when I took my sips, where the cup was. As I was setting down the cup to wash my hair, I decide the ledge of the tub was a bit too small for the cup. Fearing I would spill it, I placed my mixed drink on the back of the toilet and went about my showering.
A few seconds later I heard a sliding sound and barely caught my drink as it began to slide off the back of the toilet. Noooooooooooooooooooo! Saved.
As I went to take a victory sip, the cup slipped in my hand. When a beer spills, you have a few seconds to pick it up, save it, save some of what is inside. I watched, helplessly, as my mixed drink fell through the grates on the drain, never to be recovered.
In short, stick to shower beer.


1 comment:

  1. I Love that your favorite shower beer was at my place!! plus a shout out on T's blog instantly makes me cooler on the interwebs and overall universe.

    ReplyDelete