Friday, October 21, 2011

Free check ups for lady parts....or How I learned to stop complaining and love the President

Ok, I can get pretty mad at the President. I've accused him of being more conservative than he is (he is a little bit). Got mad at him over healthcare and the abortion restrictions in the new law (that a Blue Dog Democrat proposed). Was upset about the incursion into Libya (NATO led effort and now Gadaffi is dead).  And in general have felt like he was working against Democratic principles.

Then I went to the Dr.

When I pulled out my debit card to pay the $20-25 or whatever the copay was, the woman waved me off. There was no charge! There is no charge for your yearly check up for your lady parts. This is part of the new healthcare law that recently went into effect. My insurance company now has to cover that cost completely. Take that!

So, next time I want to get mad at President Obama and bitch about how he has done nothing for me, I will remember that I can go to the doctor for free. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment