Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Evolution of Dating as We Age

Love used to be fun. Seeing a boy at school everyday. Seeing where it went. You developed crushes, drawing hearts around your names and writing your name with his last name. There was something exciting about day to day life. Will I see him? Will he talk to me? What should I wear in case he sees me?

But all that changes once you hit collegish age. There are no time for crushes when you meet and make out with a dude, drunk, in a bar and then have to sit through an awkward date with him. Or you meet online and go back and forth for awhile until you are forced to sit through an awkward date with him. There are no crushes just-I'll give this dude a shot... and crushing disappointment. No, I am sure that shit works out for some people. But it lacks intrigue and excitement. Intentions are known. You like them or you don't. End of story.

I want a CRUSH on someone. I want to wonder if he has a crush on me. That shit is just more fun. 

There is an IT guy at work that I find so attractive. He's tall, works with computers and has a tattoo (one visible at least). Already so hot. I get nerdy about this shit. I was hyped when I needed a patch from the Windows website installed on my computer and I couldn't do it since I lacked administrator rights. Like-I get to see this dude and look all smart when I say "I know how to solve the problem already, just need you to do it." My week was made when I learned we were getting a new printer in my area installed today. I've already found some random crap to file and checked my mailbox, just to walk by. I was pumped yesterday because I saw him (this place is HUGE, not an everyday occurrence) and I was wearing some banging high heels.

It's just fun. I know nothing probably will ever happen. Plus, I THINK I saw a car seat in his car. But I like to remind myself I wasn't wearing my glasses and banish that thought to the back of my mind. The presence of a child pretty much takes a man out of the running for me and I don't want this crush to be ruined.

You should get a crush too. All the cool kids are doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment