Wednesday, May 4, 2011

People who read their texts aloud to you

Pet peeve? Probably. Is anyone else violently annoyed by having text messages read to them? Or having a phone shoved in your face and being told to read this?

It's like-you've already summarized the conversation for me, I don't need to read it word for word. You care about it more than I do (unless you were exchanging text messages about me), because people are more apt to be interested in things that involve them. Self centered sounding? A bit, but at least I can admit it. Yea, I'd rather look at pictures that I'm in and I am less into going through stacks of photos I am not in. Similarly, I don't want to read a bunch of text messages that have nothing to do with me. Cause it is just annoying. Phones are conversation killers anyway, stop letting your phone become the whole fucking conversation. Don't read me your texts.

Unless they are hilarious. Like when my friend Katie saw some boy from high school at the bar. He was WASTED and annoying and we had him bounced (shortly after getting bounced ourselves, sorry guys). He proceeded to send her a number of texts about how he thought they had something....hilarious. I think we let her read those to us like 5 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment