Friday, April 8, 2011

Ridiculously Awesome Advice from Lil Wayne

Happy Friday! 

For an extra Yay in your day here is the newest edition of Ridiculously Awesome Advice from Lil Wayne:

"I can see the end in the beginning, so I'm not racin, I'm just sprintin"
Lil Wayne - Let the Beat Build 
T.S. Eliot once said "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." So, Wayne is on some next level genius shit here.

I think Weezy is making a statement on perspective similar to the one T.S. Eliot makes. Something must end in order for something else to begin. That is an encouraging thought, since endings can be so painful.

 The second half of the statement-"I'm not racin, I'm just sprintin."-suggests that while we should strive to do our best, we should never compare ourselves to others. It isn't a race, it is a sprint. You are all by yourself in this. Making ends to make a beginning.

It's like that Sunscreen song from the 90's. One of the lines is "The race is long and in the end it is only with yourself." Who knew Lil Wayne was so influenced by Baz Luhrmann? I did and you heard it here first.

Take Weezy Fucking Baby's advice. This man looks HAPPY ----->

No comments:

Post a Comment