Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cook Books

I've been cooking a lot more lately. I look up simplish recipes online and try them out. I make a mean black bean soup.
So, today, I decide to flip through one of my cook books to see if I wanted to try anything out. I come to zucchini fritters with yogurt dip. I think, I would try that and begin reading through the ingredients.

2-3 zucchini, about 14 oz.
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 scallions, finely sliced
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled

At this point I'm thinking, that is just a quick trip to the grocery store. Plus, I'm always getting zucchini in the summertime for free from people's gardens. I read on:
                                            
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley 
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg

And I'm like screw this. What the fuck, where do you think I am? The garden of eden? Yea, let me go to my fridge......I don't have that stuff. And I know that stuff is not cheap at the grocery. Sometimes it kills me what some recipes call for. I found one that called for sesame seed paste. I wouldn't even know where to look for that at a store. Some of these ingredients go bad kind of quickly. What the hell will I do with a bunch of fresh dill? Cause I doubt they can sell you a tablespoon. 

I just can't be THAT domestic. It's too expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment