Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Greek System in Colleges and Soy Sauce

I'm not a huge fan of fraternities and sororities. Frororities, as I call them, so I don't have to say both words. The girls buy each other presents and the men do stupid shit in the name of....friends? I'll make my own thank you.

Then I found this article:

University of VA Fraternity Pledged Hospitalized After Soy Sauce Dare


Drinking enough soy sauce to knock your electrolytes out of whack thus causing a seizure. Jebus. I didn't even know that was possible. I bet none of those kids did either. I don't get it though. Frororities make people jump through all sorts of hoops to join, to the point where 'hazing' is a serious concern at all universities. Who wants to do these things? Is it really worth it? Is it THAT cool to be Greek? Cause I had a lot of fun in college and I NEVER set foot in a frat party (personal point of pride).

And I always knew it, but this is a violent reminder - The sodium content in soy sauce is fucked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment